Age Alliance Wales (AAW) is the alliance of 19 national voluntary organisations committed to working together to improve the lives of older people in Wales.
Richard Williams, Director of Action on Hearing Loss Cymru is Chair of Age Alliance Wales. Ceri Jackson, Director of RNIB Cymru, is Vice Chair.
- To represent the concerns and further the interests of older people in Wales to policy makers, strategic planners, and funders.
- To maximise the ability of each member organisation to fulfil their role of promoting the well being of older people.
- To work with, and for older people through the co-operative use of the knowledge and expertise contained within the membership of Age Alliance Wales.
- To influence policy development, decision-making and service delivery to meet the needs of older people in Wales.
- To create opportunities for networking, information sharing, and joint learning amongst members.
- To monitor trends and legislative measures affecting older people in Wales.
- To respond, comment, and make representation on strategies, policies, and consultation documents that impact on older people in Wales.
- To identify and seek to address emerging issues affecting older people in Wales.
- To produce relevant information for the Welsh Assembly Government, members of Age Alliance Wales, and other interested parties.
- To seek opportunities to work in partnership in order to campaign proactively on behalf of older people.
The Age Alliance Wales Directory of Services can be found here. If you are interested in joining the Alliance and for further information on our members and links to their websites click here