- To represent the concerns and further the interests of older people in Wales to policy makers, strategic planners, and funders.
- To maximise the ability of each member organisation to fulfil their role of promoting the well being of older people.
- To work with, and for older people through the co-operative use of the knowledge and expertise contained within the membership of Age Alliance Wales.
- To influence policy development, decision-making and service delivery to meet the needs of older people in Wales.
- To create opportunities for networking, information sharing, and joint learning amongst members.
- To monitor trends and legislative measures affecting older people in Wales.
- To respond, comment, and make representation on strategies, policies, and consultation documents that impact on older people in Wales.
- To identify and seek to address emerging issues affecting older people in Wales.
- To produce relevant information for the Welsh Assembly Government, members of Age Alliance Wales, and other interested parties.
- To seek opportunities to work in partnership in order to campaign proactively on behalf of older people.
For more information on Age Alliance Wales and becoming a member please click here.
Age Alliance Wales Manifesto 2011 - 'Reshaping Services for Older People in Wales'. This manifesto outlines the priorities Age Alliance Wales has identified for the coming months and years ahead for public services in Wales. To view the manifesto, please click here.
Age Alliance Wales Key Facts - this document lists key pertinent facts about the Alliance. To view the document, please click here.
'Extending the Reach' - this report looks at the breadth and depth of work undertaken through the Alliance, providing a 'snap shot' of its impact on older people and the organisations and individuals that work with and for them in the voluntary sector and beyond. To view the report, please click on either of the following: English / Cymraeg